This item ships from an alternate location - shipping may be delayed. Contact us before ordering if you need a more exact ETA.
A mini magnetic mount antenna from Wilson Electronics can help you stay connected to your 3G/4G data network when traveling. This 4-inch black antenna is mounted to the roof of a car, truck or RV and connects to your modem or hotspot using the attached 10-foot RG174 cable and an appropriate adapter cable. Using an antenna will provide a low-gain signal boost that is helpful when driving through areas with weak coverage spot so you and your passengers can still transfer data wirelessly. It is compatible with a number of frequency bands that cover nearly all major North American cellular carriers.
Portable mag mount antennas have the advantage of being easy to install with no need to drill holes or attach screws, though a metal ground plane is needed for the magnet to work. If you do not have a metal ground plane, you can use it as a car window mount antenna with the suction cup mount. You can add it to your car before trips through rural areas or places with tall buildings that obstruct cell towers and then store it in your glove box when at home. Wilson backs this compact omni roof antenna for vehicles with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Compatibility: 700-2100mhz networks, which are used by most 2G, 3G, and 4G providers in the USA and Canada. Confirm which frequency your provider is using and make sure this antenna supports it before purchasing! Contact us if you need any assistance.
- Height: 4.175" tall.
- Cable: 10' RG174 attached to antenna; 5' extension available (sold separately).
- Ground Plane: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface in order to function! An 8"+ diameter ground plane is recommended (the roof of a car/truck is perfect); a Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Weatherproof? Yes, this antenna can be used outdoors and is made for use on a vehicle's metal/magnetic rooftop.
- Mounting Requirements: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface but does not require permanent mounting (i.e., no drilling, screwing, hardware, etc is required). A Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Portability: The Magnetic Mount antenna is portable but does require a metal ground plane to function. You must attach the antenna to either an 8"+ metal ground plane or the Suction Cup Window Mount, reducing its flexibility slightly.