Frequently Purchased Together »
Sierra Airlink Complete is included for one year. Airlink Complete includes:
- Airlink Support, including direct access to dedicated Sierra Wireless technical support
- AirLink Management Service (ALMS)
- 3 year hardware warranty
The Sierra Wireless AirLink MP70 is a purpose-designed vehicle router made for demanding environments such as public safety, public transportation and commercial transit. It contains an embedded Cat 6 LTE modem that can be used with LTE carriers in North American along with many providers in Europe and elsewhere. This mobile transit router allows you to connect laptops, smartphones and other devices to perform mission-critical tasks such as data transfer, record management and live video streaming in a vehicle.
Vehicle location and fleet management with the AirLink MP70 mobile router are fast and reliable using GNSS satellite positioning technology or the Inertial Navigation System. Integrated Vehicle Telemetry will monitor both vehicle and driver performance to proactively identify potential problems with each. The router will stand up to tough working conditions thanks to its industrial grade construction that includes die-cast aluminum housing, thermal output management, water/dust resistance and transient surge protection. 5Gstore.com provides free technical support for a year to help you get your public safety vehicle router set up for reliable always-on performance.
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded LTE IMPORTANT: you will need a 2mm Hex L-wrench (not included) to access the SIM slot on the router, WiFi as WAN* (more info)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: LTE: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 2600(B7), 900(B8), 700(B12), 700(B13), 800(B20), 1900(B25), 850(B26), 700(B29), TDD B41; WCDMA: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 900(B8). This includes virtually all 3G/4G carriers in North America with the exception of Verizon/Sprint 3G.
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band 2.4GHz/5.0GHz
- WiFi Range: 150-200'
- Ports: 4 x 10/100/1000 LAN, 1 RS-232 serial
- Power supply: Hardwire DC power supply; AC power supply and cigarette lighter power supply are available separately
- Size: 7.5" x 1.75" in x 4.1"
- download the MP70 datasheet
*Compatibility with all WiFi networks cannot be guaranteed. Networks requiring authentication on a "splash page" (e.g. Starbucks WiFi) in particular can be hit or miss.
Tech Support and 24/7 Support Portal Access Included:
Our expert tech support is included for free with your purchase. You'll also have 24/7 access to our online Support Portal (which includes step-by-step guides, tip sheets, documentation, manuals, and more)! You can view all the support items you'll have access to by clicking on the "Support" tab above.
HIGH PERFORMANCE VEHICLE AREA NETWORK (VAN)
With dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi (WIFi model only) and Gigabit Ethernet, the AirLink MP70 enables a complete portfolio of broadband mission critical applications to work simultaneously, further and faster from the vehicle than ever before.
Built for first responders and field personnel, the MP70 offers up to 300 Mbps downlink speeds over LTE-Advanced, and up to 1.3 Gbps over 802.11ac Wi-Fi (with 3x3 MIMO - WiFi model only) and Gigabit 4-port Ethernet. The AirLink MP70 can host up to 128 simultaneous Wi-Fi clients, and concurrently connect multiple mission critical applications in and around the vehicle including laptops, DVRs and tablets, in addition to providing live video streaming, and rapid and secure access to remote databases, such as record management systems.
The AirLink MP70 supports 21 LTE frequency bands, enabling superior coverage on LTE networks worldwide. With automatic configuration of the radio based on the SIM, the AirLink MP70 has two product variants—one for LTE networks in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and another variant to support all major LTE networks in Asia Pacific. Outside of the US, the AirLink MP70 offers dual-SIM functionality to enable automatic failover between SIMs, providing superior connectivity and cost optimization when roaming.
CONNECTED VEHICLE AWARENESS
The AirLink MP70 increases efficiency, streamlines operations and reduces costs by supporting advanced remote visibility and instant insight into the vehicle area network (VAN), field applications and assets, and the workforce. Offering built-in vehicle-ready I/O, with the capacity to support AirLink Vehicle Telemetry, the MP70 enables remote monitoring of auxiliary devices such as light bars, sirens and gun racks, and can collect OBD-II vehicle telemetry data for engine diagnostics and performance data to monitor vehicle health.
The MP70 offers an integrated mobile events engine to monitor hundreds of router, network, and connected vehicle parameters in real time, and create custom alerts, event triggers and reports. Reports and alerts are synchronized with third party server platforms or AirLink network management software to enable centralized and remote management of critical events.
Utilizing next generation GNSS location technology that supports 48 satellites from 4 different satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou), the MP70 provides fast, reliable and precise vehicle location, even in the most challenging environments. The MP70 contains an Inertial Navigation System1 that allows it to track without satellites, using dead reckoning algorithms integrated with the GNSS. The Inertial Navigation System continues to provide positioning information when the GNSS is unable to acquire satellites. This enables tracking through urban canyons, tunnels and underground parking.
Location information can be streamed from the GNSS locally over the serial port to connected in-vehicle driver navigation and dispatch systems, and remotely over NMEA, TAIP, RAP and XORA protocols for integration with 3rd party applications.
PURPOSE BUILT FOR VEHICLES
The MP70 provides superior reliability and continuous operation in harsh environments. It will survive extreme transient surges, and maintain continuous power during 5V brownouts and spikes from -600 VDC to 200 VDC.
The AirLink MP70 safeguards vehicle operation by using built-in battery charge protection to monitor ignition state and battery voltage and, with a class leading power supply which meets and exceeds the requirements for E-Mark, ISO 7637-2 and SAEJ1455, the MP70 requires no additional power conditioning.
Developed with industrial grade components, the AirLink MP70 has a customized die cast aluminum housing to manage the thermal output from its high performance LTE-Advanced and Wi-Fi radios. The MP70 is designed to meet IP64 for resistance to dust and water ingress, and is tested to meet and exceed the MIL-STD-810G specifications for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
SECURE, INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATIONS
The AirLink MP70 provides consolidated data security for all field applications and mobile assets in the vehicle area network (VAN).
Offering up to 5 concurrent VPN sessions, the AirLink MP70 enables secure communications to multiple back-end systems, and provides remote authentication management to allow the implementation of enterprise-grade systems to control access to devices in the field. Secure signing and authentication of software images offers end-to-end protection of the software upgrade process, protecting the MP70 against unwanted malware.
Network Management solutions for the MP70 allow over-the-air registration, configuration and software updates for all AirLink gateways and routers, and can be deployed either as a hosted cloud-based service, or as a licensed software platform in the enterprise data center. Both options provide a centralized and remote view of an entire vehicle fleet and enable simplified management, control and monitoring of connected MP70s, field applications and mobile assets.
AirLink Management Service (ALMS) is a secure, centralized cloud-based service that remotely monitors and manages signal strength, network technology and location. ALMS provides dashboards with up-to-date views of an entire deployment, and custom alerts to monitor and report critical events, to increase efficiency and prevent downtime.
oMM Management System (oMM) is a licensed, unified software platform which can be deployed in the enterprise data center, and provides a consolidated network view of an entire fleet, using a virtual dashboard to monitor, report, manage, and troubleshoot all mobile resources as required.
- LTE-Advanced (Carrier Aggregation) Wide Area Network (WAN) supporting up to 300 Mbps downlink speed
- State-of-the-art LTE coverage spanning 21 LTE frequency bands worldwide
- Automatic radio configuration based on the SIM
- Dual-SIM functionality to enable automatic failover between SIMs (Canada/EMEA/APAC)
- 4-port Gigabit Ethernet and next generation 802.11ac Gigabit Wi- Fi (3 x 3 MIMO) to support up to 1.3 Gbps, up to 128 clients, WPA2 Enterprise
- High power Wi-Fi provides long range Vehicle Area Network (VAN) and simultaneous AP/Client Mode
- Support for AirLink Vehicle Telemetry to collect OBD-II vehicle telemetry data and monitor engine diagnostics
- Built-in vehicle ready I/O for remote monitoring of auxiliary devices, such as light bars, sirens and gun racks
- Precision Geo-location via GNSS and Inertial Navigation System2, allow local data streaming over the serial port and remotely over NMEA, TAIP, RAP, XORA protocols
- Integrated Mobile Events Engine for real time monitoring and alert reporting of multiple devices, networks, and connected vehicle parameters
- Designed to meet IP64 for resistance to dust and water ingress, and exceeds the MIL-STD-810G specification for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity, and an aluminum chassis for heat dissipation
- Class-leading power supply with built-in surge protection that exceeds E-Mark, ISO 7637-2 and SAEJ1455 requirements, surviving 5V brownouts and spikes from -600 VDC to 200 VDC
- Remote monitoring, management and control with Sierra Wireless’s Network Management Solutions—deployable in the cloud or in the enterprise data center
- Cellular WAN
- Carrier Approvals (pending): Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Other major carriers pending
- Supported Frequency Bands
- LTE: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 2600(B7), 900(B8), 700(B12), 700(B13), 800(B20), 1900(B25), 850(B26), 700(B29), TDD B41
- WCDMA: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 900(B8)
- Industry Approvals: FCC, IC, PTCRB, R&TTE, GCF, CE
- Automatic Network Operator Switching based upon SIM
- Dual SIM Functionality (2FF SIM)
- Host Interfaces
- Gigabit 4-Port Ethernet
- RS-232 Serial Port on DB-9 Connector
- USB 2.0 Micro-B Connector
- 3 or 6 SMA antenna connectors (cellular, diversity, GNSS, 3x3 Wi-Fi - WiFi model only)
- Active GNSS antenna support
- WiFi (WiFi Model Only)
- Dual Band 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi
- 802.11 b/g/n/ac with support for 128 clients WPA2 Enterprise
- High output power 21 dBm (per chan)
- 3x3 MIMO (Reverse Polarity SMA Connectors) Simultaneous AP/Client Mode (2.4 GHz)
- WiFi as WAN Mode
- Configurable I/O (5 pins total)
- 5 Digital Inputs: ON Voltage: 2.7 to 36 VDC
- 1 Digital Open Collector Output > sinking 500 mA Ÿ 3 Analog Inputs: 0.5-36 VDC
- Configurable Pull-ups for dry contact input
- LAN (Ethernet/USB)
- DHCP Server
- IP Passthrough
- Host Interface Watchdog
- TCP/UDP PAD Mode
- Modbus (ASCII, RTU, Variable)
- DNP3 Interoperability
- Network and Routing
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Port Forwarding
- Host Port Routing
- Reliable Static Route
- Dynamic DNS
- IPsec, GRE, and SSL VPN Client
- Up to 5 concurrent tunnels
- Split Tunnel
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- Remote Subnets
- Remote Authentication (LDAP, RADIUS and TACACS+)
- Inbound and Outbound Port filtering
- Inbound and Outbound Trusted IP
- MAC Address Filtering
- PCI compatible
- Secure Firmware Update
- Satellite Navigation (GNSS)
- Dedicated GNSS Receiver supporting GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Tracking Sensitivity: -162 dBm
- Reports: NMEA 0183 V3.0, TAIP, RAP, XORA
- Multiple Redundant Servers
- Reliable Store and Forward
- Inertial Navigation Sensors (Accelerometer and Gyro)
- Network Management
- Secure mobile network & asset management application available in the cloud or licensed platform in the enterprise data center
- Fleet wide firmware upgrade delivery
- Router configuration and template management
- Router staging over the air and local Ethernet connection Over-the-air software and radio module firmware updates Device
- Configuration Templates
- Configurable monitoring and alerting
- Remote provisioning and airtime activation (where applicable)
- Events Engine
- Custom event triggers and reports
- Configurable interface, no programming
- Event Types: Digital Input, Network Parameters, Data Usage, Timer, Power, Device Temperature and Voltage
- Report Types: RAP, SMS, Email, SNMP Trap, TCP (Binary, XML, CSV)
- Event Actions: Drive Relay Output
- Router Management Interfaces
- Local web user interface
- AT Command Line Interface (Telnet/SSH/Serial)
- SMS Commands
- Application Framework
- ALEOS Application Framework (AAF)
- LUA Scripting Language
- PowerInput Voltage:
- 7 to 36 VDC
- Low voltage disconnect to prevent battery drain
- Built-in protection against voltage transients including 5 VDC engine cranking and +200 VDC load dump
- Ignition Sense with time delay shutdown
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +70°C / -22°F to +158°F
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C / -40°F to +185°F
- Humidity: 90% RH @ 60°C
- Military Spec MIL-STD-810G conformance to shock, vibration, thermal shock, and humidity
- IP64 rated ingress protection
- 190mm x 45mm x 105mm (112mm including connectors) 7.5in x 1.75 in x 4.1 in (4.4 in including connectors)
- Weight 0.76kg / 1.68 lb
- Industry Certifications
- Safety: IECEE Certification Bodies Scheme (CB Scheme), UL 60950
- Vehicle Usage: E-Mark (UN ECE Regulation 10.04), ISO7637-2, SAE J1455 (Shock, Vibration, Electrical)
- Environmental: RoHS2, REACH, WEEE
- Support and Warranty
- 3 year standard warranty
- Optional additional 2 year warranty extension
- Unrestricted device software upgrades
- 1-day Accelerated Hardware Replacement available through participating resellers
- Minimum Requirements
- SIM card with active 3G/4G mobile broadband plan from a compatible provider
- 2mm Hex L-wrench (required to access the SIM card slot)