This antenna has an SMA Male connector and is typically used to connect to an embedded device with an SMA Female connector. If you are looking for a magnetic mount antenna to connect directly to an aircard or hotspot, you need the Magnetic Mount Antenna w/ FME Female Connector
This outdoor/vehicle omnidirectional antenna can be used cell boosters or routers with an embedded cellular modem. The Wilson 12-Inch Magnetic Mount Antenna is included with many weBoost and Wilson Electronics amplifiers and repeaters and can be ordered as a replacement for a lost or damaged antenna, as an upgrade for a lower-gain antenna, or to attach directly to your router using the SMA/Male connector. It provides a gain of up to 6.12 dB on a number of frequencies in the 700 to 2100 MHz bands for U.S. 3G/4G/LTE carriers.
An SMA/Male connector antenna is compatible with any router or amplifier that has an SMA/Female jack. It can be attached to any metal ground plane and is ideal for the roofs of trucks, RVs and boats. And because this weatherproof mag mount antenna attaches with no hardware or drilling, it can easily be removed when not in use. Wilson provides a two-year manufacturer’s warranty with each durable stainless steel antenna.
- Compatibility: 700mhz/800mhz/1900mhz/2100mhz networks, which are used by most 2G, 3G, and 4G providers in the USA, including:
- Verizon 2G/3G/4G
- Sprint 2G/3G/4G LTE (does NOT work with 4G WiMAX!)
- AT&T 2G/3G/4G/LTE
- T-Mobile & MetroPCS 3G/4G only where 1900/2100mhz is being used (these carriers also use the 1700mhz band in some areas; this antenna will NOT help in those cases).
- US Cellular 3G/4G
- Datajack 3G
- Virgin Mobile 3G
- For other carriers, confirm which frequency your provider is using and make sure this antenna supports it before purchasing! Contact us if you need any assistance.
- Height: 12" tall.
- Cable: 12.5' RG174 attached to antenna
- Ground Plane: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface in order to function! An 8"+ diameter ground plane is recommended (the roof of a car/truck is perfect); a Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Weatherproof? Yes, this antenna can be used outdoors and is made for use on a vehicle's metal/magnetic rooftop.
- Mounting Requirements: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface but does not require permanent mounting (i.e., no drilling, screwing, hardware, etc is required). A Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Portability: The Magnetic Mount antenna is portable but does require a metal ground plane to function. You must attach the antenna to either an 8"+ metal ground plane or the Suction Cup Window Mount, reducing its flexibility slightly.
Do a site survey before buying this antenna! If you're purchasing this to use in just one location, we strongly recommend doing a site survey first to determine whether the antenna will help your signal and performance and to give you an idea of what kind of results you can expect from it. Start here: Will an Antenna/Amplifier Help Me?