This is a special-order item that requires additional lead time. Contact us before ordering if you need a more exact ETA.
All MG90 deployments require subscriptions to Sierra AirLink Support and AMM as well as the purchase of a Sierra Professional Service. Cellular and WiFi antennas are also required and sold separately. Contact us to discuss your needs and to receive a customized quote.
The AirLink® MG90 is a high performance LTE-Advanced vehicle networking platform that offers extensible multi-network connectivity, to provide secure uninterrupted communications for the world’s most demanding mission critical applications in public safety, transit and field services fleets.
With extensible multi-network connectivity, the MG90 offers an LTE-Advanced Pro radio that is FirstNet ready, dual concurrent Gigabit Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet, with extensions to Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and satellite systems.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This router is best for: First responders, field personnel, and other vehicle users.
- Internet Connections Supported: 2 x Embedded LTE IMPORTANT: you will need a 2mm Hex L-wrench (not included) to access the SIM slot on the router, WiFi as WAN* (more info)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: LTE: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 2600(B7), 900(B8), 700(B12), 700(B13), 800(B20), 1900(B25), 850(B26), 700(B29), TDD B41; WCDMA: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 900(B8), plus Band 14 for FirstNet - NOTE: Verizon certification coming late 2018
- WiFi Standard: 3x3 MIMO 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- WiFi Range: 150-200'
- Ports: 5 x 10/100/1000 LAN, 1 RS-232 serial
- Power supply: Hardwire DC power supply; AC power supply and cigarette lighter power supply are available separately
- Size: 10.71" x 8.66" in x 2.36"
- download the MG90 datasheet
*Compatibility with all WiFi networks cannot be guaranteed. Networks requiring authentication on a "splash page" (e.g. Starbucks WiFi) in particular can be hit or miss.
EXTENSIVE MULTI-NETWORK CONNECTIVITY:
The AirLink MG90 offers up to 600 Mbps downlink speeds over LTE Advanced Pro, 1.3 Gbps over dual radio, dual concurrent 3x3 MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and 5-port Gigabit Ethernet. The AirLink MG90 can host up to 128 clients at any one time, and concurrently connect multiple mission critical applications in and around the vehicle.
PURPOSE BUILT VEHICLE-READY DESIGN:
Purpose built for vehicle power environments, the AirLink MG90 does not require any external power conditioning, is optimized to survive extreme transient surges and temperatures, and is sealed to meet IP64 and exceed MIL-STD-810G specifications.
CONNECTED VEHICLE AWARENESS:
Offering built-in vehicle-ready I/O, Bluetooth and Vehicle Telemetry interface, the MG90 enables remote monitoring of auxiliary devices, and can collect OBD-II vehicle telemetry data.
POLICY-DEFINED LINK MANAGEMENT:
With its built-in policy engine, the MG90 dynamically selects the best available network, based on a customized user-defined scoring system.
Providing seamless network handover and sub-second network switching with its cognitive wireless system, the MG90 is able to automatically select the best available WAN connection to provide “always-on,” uninterrupted connectivity in any circumstance.
MOBILE MULTI-NETWORK SECURITY:
Together with the AirLink® Connection Manager (ACM)—an advanced mobile optimized VPN server—the MG90 provides secure data connections and retains a static IP address across multiple WAN networks. It consolidates the security for all connected technologies in the vehicle area network (VAN) into a single, centralized platform.
NETWORK INSIGHT & CONTROL:
Coupled with the AirLink® Mobility Manager (AMM), the MG90 supports a leading edge, end-to-end network management solution to enable simplified, remote and real-time mass configuration, control and troubleshooting of all routers, connected mobile assets and mission critical applications.
Available in the enterprise datacenter or in the cloud, the AMM seamlessly integrates with the MG90, displaying a dashboard with an up-to-date view of the entire fleet, and delivers a continuous stream of rich, real-time network data, allowing users to observe, track and examine the behavior of hundreds of devices, networks, and connected vehicle parameters as it occurs.
- Selects best available network based on user-defined policies
- Seamless network handover and sub-second network switching
- Consolidated security with the AirLink® Connection Manager (ACM)
- Remote, real-time network insight and control with the AirLink® Mobility Manager (AMM)
- Purpose built for vehicles
- Cellular WAN
- Supports LTE-Advanced Pro (Carrier Aggregation) and LTE- MIMO, Fall back to 3G-HSPA+
- Cat 12 device (Peak Data Rate DL:600 Mbps, UL:150 Mbps)
- Carrier Approvals (pending): Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Other major carriers pending
- Supported Frequency Bands:
- LTE: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 2600(B7), 900(B8), 700(B12), 700(B13), 800(B20), 1900(B25), 850(B26), 700(B29), TDD B41, Band 14
- WCDMA: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), 1800(B3), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 900(B8)
- Industry Approvals: FCC, IC, PTCRB, R&TTE, GCF, CE
- Automatic Network Operator Switching based upon SIM
- Dual SIM Functionality (2FF SIM)
- Optional Support: First Net LTE B14(700) for Public Safety (B14 model only).
- Satellite Navigation (GNSS)
- Dedicated GNSS Receiver supporting GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Tracking Sensitivity: -162 dBm
- Reports (Update Rate 1Hz): NMEA, TAIP
- Reliable Store and Forward via serial, TCP or UDP
- Inertial Navigation Sensors (Accelerometer and Gyro)
- Dual Radio, dual concurrent 3x3 MIMO 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Dual Band 2.4/5 GHz (each radio)
- Support for 128 clients
- Default mode: WiFi as WAN and WiFi built-in vehicle AP
- High output power 21 dBm (per channel)
- Host Interfaces
- 5 Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports
- 2 USB 3.0 type-A ports
- RS-232 Serial Port on DB-9 Connector
- 1 Auxiliary RJ-45 Input/Output port
- 2 SIM Slots (Dual SIM per radio)
- 5 SMA antenna connectors (2 cellular, 2 diversity, 1 GNSS)
- 7 RP-SMA antenna connectors (3x3 Wi-Fi WAN, 3x3 Wi-Fi AP, 1 Bluetooth)
- Active GNSS antenna support
- Configurable I/O GPIOs (5 pins total – 4 DB9 & 1 Power connector)
- Digital input: 0-36 VDC with optional pullup (Dry contact sense input)
- Digital Open Collector Output > sinking 500 mA
- LAN (Ethernet/USB)
- DHCP Server
- Virtual BSSIDs
- AP Isolation
- Network and Routing
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- LAN Segmentation
- WAN/LAN Connection Policy Management
- QoS: Application/ Traffic Priority Queuing
- Load Balancing Over Multiple WAN Links
- WAN Monitors: Connection Failure Recovery
- Configurable MTU size
- Multiple LAN Support
- Customize transmission buffer size
- Static Routing
- WAN Ethernet
- Integrated with ACM VPN Server
- IPsec protocol with IKEv1/IKEv2
- Encryption: 3DES/AES128/AES256
- Hashing: MD5/SHA1/SHA256/SHA512
- Key Exchange: DHGroup2/5/14/15/16/17
- Support LAN to LAN and Host to LAN
- Up to 10 concurrent tunnels per link MOBIKE protocol
- IP compression
- Full/Split Tunnel
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- AAA: 802.1x/Radius authentication with Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- Firewall: Port forwarding and filtering
- WLAN Encryption: WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- WLAN MAC Address filtering
- Network Management
- Airlink Mobility Manager (AMM): available as cloud based service or as licensed enterprise application
- Status dashboard showing at-a-glance fleet health
- emote management, configuration and software updates
- Location-based analytics and diagnostics: Networ
- Coverage Maps and Trails; Link Utilization; Bandwidth Consumption
- Configurable geo-zone based event monitoring and alerting
- Live vehicle location tracking
- Optional fleet operations pack: vehicle diagnostics reporting and mobile asset tracking
- Vehicle Telemetry
- OBD II/ J1939/ J1708 interface over serial
- Diagnostic real time alerts/reports (via AMM)
- Input/Operating Voltage: 7 to 36 VDC
- Power modes: ON 30W (2.5A @12V); Standby 135mW (11mA@12V)
- Built-in protection against voltage transients including 5 VDC engine cranking
- Ignition Sense with time delay shutdown
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +70°C / -22°F to +158°F
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C / -40°F to +185°F
- Humidity: 95% RH @ 60C
- MIL-STD-810G conformance to shock, vibration, thermal shock, and humidity
- IP64 rated ingress protection
- 272mm x 220mm x 60mm (10.71in x 8.66in x 2.36in)
- Weight: 2.4kg / 5.3 lb
- Industry Certifications
- Safety: IECEE Certification Bodies Scheme (CB Scheme), UL 60950
- Vehicle Usage: E-Mark (72/245/EEC, 2009/19/EC), ISO7637- 2, SAE J1455 (Shock & Vibration)
- Environmental: RoHS2, REACH, WEEE
- MTBF: 23.22 years (Telcordia SR-332 Issue3 Method1)
- Support and Warranty
- 3 year standard warranty
- Optional additional 2 year warranty extension
- Unrestricted device software upgrades
- Minimum Requirements
- SIM card with active mobile broadband plan from a compatible provider
- 2mm Hex L-wrench (required to access the SIM card slot)